News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A-C Auto Auction - Feb 10-12

Started by Ian F, November 15, 2016, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian F

Safe to assume the usual suspects will attend on Friday?

Mmm...  Tun Tavern burger... 8)
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

gmitchels

Gotta check my busy social calendar for that day.  :)
......George.......

PaulGraz

(sorry, I'm overdue in keeping up on this forum...)

Yeah, count me in as always.  And if not Tun, the place we went to last time just a block away was pretty good too - Wingcraft
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

gmitchels

I'm good to go if this is still on for Friday....weather?
......George.......

PaulGraz

Sorry George - didn't hear from you and we went ahead with plans anyhow.  So yes, we're still on for Friday.  Ian and I were going to tag along with my brother and another friend of ours (Mario) - you can certainly come along, but I dont know about 5 of us in my brother's car.  So we'd probably have to take a second car down.

We are meeting at my house at 6:30am, then having breakfast at Sandy's Cozy Corner in Lakehurst at 7am - and then leaving for AC from there.

I dont think weather will be a factor for Friday.  It's all supposed to happen on Thursday, mostly in the morning.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

gmitchels

That's ok, I have to forego the show tomorrow. Newly installed HVAC emits a rubber type smell, York tech to check tomorrow? (bad weather today). I think it's the rubber/vinyl lining added extra for sound deadening in the return ducts near the furnace that's causing our eyes to burn and that "tire rubber" taste/smell. York says never heard of such a problem.     Really?!?!   Any ideas, Ian?   Enjoy the show, and the beers.......oops, meant to say burgers. 
......George.......

Ian F

Hard to say without seeing the system. The installer might have left something in the burner. Could be a mis-aligned blower belt (if it has one - usually direct-drive). Mis-aligned gasket in the burner...  guessing, mainly.

The show was OK.  A bit sparse in cars, vendors and attendance this year. No Volvos at all this year although there were TWO Saab 96's. I swear the auction organizer has a fleet of M-B SL's of various years he sprinkles around the venue to take up space.  A few LBC's, but lower numbers than in the past. The new public grand stands were nice as it gave you a nice place to site and rest your legs while watching a few cars cross the block.

Incredibly, we went to Tun Tavern a little after 1PM and were seated immediately. That's never happened.

It also didn't help I was sick as a dog, so I didn't even have a beer at Tun...  :(

Will we go next year?  Hard to say... Regardless of the quality of the show, it's still a nice break in the winter to go look at cars and just hang out. Crap.  Just remembered I need to PP Guy the tix $...
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....