News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

65 122 4Sale

Started by PaulGraz, February 21, 2006, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

Sorry to hear the guy didn't come through.  Ian, sell your two clunkers and buy the 122!  :P

Ian F

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"Sorry to hear the guy didn't come through.  Ian, sell your two clunkers and buy the 122!  :P

If it was a wagon, maybe... not a fan of 4-door cars...  and still mroe $ than I can afford... clunker sale or not...
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

gmitchels

Saw this car at a show yesterday in Long Branch. Looks great in the photo, but really awesome in person! If it was anything other than red, I might have considered buying it. It's a 1967 122S, 4 speed, 127,000 miles, everything works, including the AC. I give it a 9 out of 10. Interior just as immaculate as exterior. Engine bay nice, too. Certainly, a show quality car that needs nothing. The seller started the car by turning the key from outside the car (he reached into the driver's side window). One quick crank and it fired right up, no choke (90 degrees yesterday), no gas pedal, no nothin'.  :shock: It ran like a Swiss watch. The exhaust sounded sweet. The B20 (I think...maybe a B18?) was equipped with 2 SU carbs. The downside perhaps is the asking price....$12K. He said he has about $18K into it, and it shows. I'm not into 122's, but I figured I'd post this if anyone else is interested. I think the car is located in Oakhurst, NJ.
......George.......

PaulGraz

Nice car, cool plates - and I have no doubt that he really has $18K into it -but it's going to be a tough sell at $12K, when decent 122's are out there for $4-6K.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

That sure does look like a beauty, though red is not my favorite color, especially on a 122.  It's a shame (for the seller) that these cars just don't command higher prices.