News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Peddler's Village Lincoln Club Show - 10-19-14

Started by Ian F, August 21, 2014, 05:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian F

Rain date: 10-26

The show is at the Bank of America parking lot on the north-west edge of town along Rt 263.  Nice low-key event that draws a nice mix of cars.

Show opens at 9am. $10 pre-registration (before 9/30) or $15 day of show.

Flyer for pre-registration if desired can be found here: http://www.lcoc.org/documents/newsletters/philadelphia-2014q3.pdf (on page 6).

A few of us may meet at It's Nutts diner on Rt 29 in NJ for breakfast around 7am.

Lunch at Porterhouse on Rt 202.

I should have at least one of my three LBC's still running by then...  :P
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

PaulGraz

Unless this goes to the rain date, I'll have to miss it this year.  :-(
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

gmitchels

If I can get there this Sunday, will be alone w/o the 1800 (have seats out to remove gauges and clean the fogged over glass facings).....a big PITA. While I'm at it, replacing the dash bulbs to led's as well as the front/rear tail and brake lights. Of course, nothing goes according to plan, as I found the hazard flasher relay was burned somehow. I replaced it with an electronic flasher as required for LED bulb use but still nothing is flashing, including the directional signals. Maybe there is an additional relay I overlooked? Any suggestions? 
......George.......

PaulGraz

You may need a "load resistor" inline with each turn signal.  The electronic flasher unit, if it's really designed for LED's, shouldn't need this - but as you say - nothing ever goes right.

I need to de-fog my gauges too...
~Paul

Ian F

Hmm... not sure. IIRC, the flashers required for LED's have a second ground - is that hooked up?

I probably won't make it to Peddlers Village either and so far Sunday looks to be clear, if cold (high of 58? Brrrr...).

Maybe a Sunday lunch gathering before the cars go away for the Winter?
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

PaulGraz

Quote from: Ian F on October 15, 2014, 11:40:40 AM
... so far Sunday looks to be clear, if cold (high of 58? Brrrr...).

In 90 days a temp of 58 will result in people putting on shorts and running outside!

Maybe a Sunday lunch gathering before the cars go away for the Winter?

Excellent idea - Location suggestions?
~Paul

gmitchels

Hmm... not sure. IIRC, the flashers required for LED's have a second ground - is that hooked up?

Where would a second ground be? I just swapped out the old with new and plugged the spade connectors back on to the new eflasher! But I'll look around again, maybe I missed something.

And the gauges are a huge PITA to remove....dark, close quarters, on my back and twisted like a pretzel while my glasses keep shifting on my face is not exactly my idea of fun. But I've got all but one done (oil pressure)and wonder if I should quit while I'm ahead and re-install the 5 all nice and shiny ones back in and not even attempt to remove the Oil Pressure gauge! I envision oil shooting out of the line once I try to loosen the nut (IF I can even reach it with pliers or wrench) and also fear I won't be able to reattach it securely enough to not leak! And what if it needs to be primed when re-installed for proper pressure readings? So, still undecided on it, first have to sort out the flasher issue.
......George.......

PaulGraz

Quote from: Ian F on October 17, 2014, 01:26:08 PM
Mastoris?  Dubh Linn Square?

Sorry, I kinda dropped the ball on this - let's watch the weather forecasts and see if we can catch a dry day.  I'm always up for a trip to either of those places. 
~Paul