News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Vsa East Coast National Meet 9/06

Started by Anthony D'Agostino, July 25, 2006, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony D'Agostino

I understand that a small number of rooms are still available at the Grand Hotel in Cape May. They will still honor the July 15th deadline, just call and tell them your with the VSA Volvo group. You do not have to be a member of the VSA Club, however you do have to register for the meet at either the VSA.org website site.  Or the paper registration form may be mailed in. Form is within your VSA magazine.

Thanks for listening,

Tony D'Agostino

PaulGraz

Tony,

I hope everyone had a great time at Cape May.  I'm sorry I missed it, but I decided not to attend after seeing our club president's scowling comments on the VSA site:

"you cannot attend the Cape May Meet without benefit of prior registration, which is now closed. This is due to insurance and the very limited parking at both the Physick Estate & the Grand Hotel. You will be required to display a car I.D. and wear the club issued name badge at all official functions.  Your car will be subject to towing, and without a name badge you will be asked to leave. Please abide by these very necessary requirements.  Thank you for understanding."

Wow.  With the risk of being asked to leave and having my car towed away as Bruce threatened, I thought it was best to stay at home.  Seems like a shame to hold a car show, put a bunch of beautiful cars on display, and then tell people they can't come in to take a look...

But as I said, I hope all in attendance had a great time!  I head from one of chapter members that decided to crash the party anyhow, and he said there were over 30 cars there and that he enjoyed his unofficial visit quite a bit!

Hopefully we'll see pictures posted online soon...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Anthony D'Agostino

Paul,

The meet went well. The weather was ideal,as it was thruout the entire region. I got home late as I visited family in Oceanport. Opened the forum page while watching the Giant game.Unless something pops up I hope to see you at the October Jim Thorpe day. Pictures of meet, I may be able to provide for you to post if you like.

Thanxs,

Tony

gmitchels

Paul,

It was mucho fun for Vasso and I just to be witness to an amazing collection of 1800's assembled in one location! Hats off to Tony and Mary for a great (and tedious) job in the judging portion of the Meet activities. As soon as I get a chance (tonite), I'll try to post some decent pix.
......George.......