News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cupholders for your 1800!

Started by PaulGraz, November 24, 2010, 12:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGraz

I saw this product advertised on the PSVSA (Puget Sound/Seattle area) website.  

Howard Haefner makes these, and it seems to be pretty ingenious!

Take a look at the pictures:

You can get it with or without the cell phone/radio holder.

You can also get it in the woodgrain finish (shown) or painted black

Cost is $30.

The downside is you lose your ash tray (who cares) and you lose the lighter outlet too.  (I figure that's easily relocated to somewhere below the dash)

I'm already committed to buying one.  If anyone else wants to get in on this, we can combine the shipment and save on shipping costs.

If you have any questions, or want to order one, Howard can be reached at:  hpboxr at earthlink.net

Just let me or him know that you want to combine it with my order.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

PaulGraz

What, no comments on this?  I'm really surprised!  Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty cool?
~Paul

Ian F

My issue is with the bottom-less cup holder design.  The soda or water bottles we typically use wouldn't work.

Plus, as my truck has a similar cup holder location on the dash, I find it's not ideal compared to the console versions in the TDI.
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

PaulGraz

Yeah - I was concerned about that too - but I have a mod in mind that should accommodate my usual water bottle...
~Paul

jecoutant

After having these type in my BMW, I am not wild about the style either.  I have a cup holder that is weighted and non skid bottem.  I set on the passenger floor and with my long arms, it works perfectly as it is usually a bottle of water it it for long, hot drives.
John

'70 1800E

PaulGraz

Well, I have it now - Howard actually sent me one of each style (with and without the phone holder)

I should be able to get it into the car before the weather gets warm.  I'll let you know...
~Paul