News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hopwell Cruise Night thread

Started by Ian F, April 09, 2010, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

It did shower here Friday evening.  Probably worked out for the best that we didn't go.  It took even more time to get my dad's V70 detailed than I had anticipated, so the fact that I was able to it polished Friday evening allowed me to get the rest of the detailing done yesterday.  Now at least I can drive it back up to him today without having to rush through finishing it first!  I know a V70 isn't "big" compared to a classic American car, but it's huge compared to my cars.  Boy, am I tired!

gmitchels

Yes, there was a brief sprinkle there (hardly visible thru the slight pollen/dust on Yoda after it dried up though).  :)  And the V70 IS huge, in and of itself, when you have to detail it!  My muscles ache just thinking back to my days of washing/waxing my dad's new '66 Buick Wildcat when I was 17. I can't believe I even crayoned the stupid lettering on the Firestone whitewall tires! I quit that job when I bought the new B in '69 (my first car). It didn't take very long to detail that car. Catch you in Carlisle.   
......George.......

Ian F

I saw a sign for this while driving in this morning.  

We probably won't be able to attent as it's the night before the JTCR and we usually head out to the farm Friday night, but I might stop by for a bit with the GT6 depending on when I get out of work. Unfortunately, Hopewell is somewhat out of my way when going from work to the farm.
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

Ian F

I jsut found out from a coworker who lives in Hopewell that this show has been rescheduled for tonight.

gmitchels

......George.......

PaulGraz

If it's dry, I might come up for this too - will have to decide later this afternoon.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

PaulGraz

~Paul

PaulGraz

It looked like rain here, so I stayed home.  Hope it was a good show...
~Paul

Jerseygirl

We didn't go.  Ian didn't get here until about 7:30.

gmitchels

Never got there. It looked very dark and threatening toward the west.
......George.......

Ian F

Yep... THIS Friday...  ::)

Late notice, I know, but I just saw the signs this morning.  Usually they put them up earlier...   :-\

Looking on the boro events calendar, this is the only one listed, but in the past they've had another one in the Fall.

PaulGraz

Hmmm - and the forecast right now looks decent.  I'll try to make this one. 
~Paul

Ian F

Somebody put the signs up with a reasonable amount of notice this year! 

Fingers crossed the weather will cooperate and I can have some cars running in time.

PaulGraz

I'll try to be there - I've yet to make one of these...
~Paul

Ian F

I've run out of time and talent, so the ES goes to Euro-Plus today to get sorted out.  I'm hoping they can figure out why it won't start and it can make it to this, providing Robyn wants to go.  I'm planning to have the Mini ready by then.  I'm trying to spread my time out between car-work, house work and training for some mtn bike races in June & July.