News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hopwell Cruise Night thread

Started by Ian F, April 09, 2010, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian F

5pm to 9 pm on the main drag (Rt 518) through Hopewell.

They don't close the road, but they do restrict street parking.  I've stopped at this gathering before and it's a nice little, low-key affair with some interesting cars and food vendors.

If the weather cooperates, I imagine Robyn and I will go with the Volvo and the Spit.  My thought would be to park down by the Lotus dealer, which when I was there, seemed to be where the imported cars congregated (for obvious reasons).  There were 3 classic Mini's last time and a Europa.
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

PaulGraz

Europa?  Nice...

OK, will try to keep this date open.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Ian F

Hey...  what else do you have to do on a Friday night?   ;)

gmitchels

Oh, weather permitting, I can be there early that Friday! Hummmm, can only bring one car though. Bummer!   :roll:
......George.......

gmitchels

Weather looking great for Friday! I can get there before 5pm and will try to park as close as possible to the Lotus dealer with either Yoda or Queenie.
......George.......

PaulGraz

Hmmmm - it's also the first of the Jackson Outlet center cruise nights.

10min to Jackson, or an hour out to Hopewell?

Kinda depends on what time I get home from work...
~Paul

Jerseygirl

Given that there's a better chance of seeing some more European cars in Hopewell, that's where we'll be headed.  :D

Ian F

It's definitely looking like a great day to cruise over for a bit.  The Volvo is all washed and ready to go.  The Spitfire is still dusted with pollen and will be staying home (although Robyn did drive it to work... and may have driven it out to Lakewood for a Zaino-fix).

With any luck, we'll be there a little before 5pm as well.  I'm getting ready to leave the office for P-boro now.

PaulGraz

It's after 4 and I'm still at work - dont hold your breath waiting for me to get there...
~Paul

Ian F

5pm to 9 pm on the main drag (Rt 518) through Hopewell.

They don't close the road, but they do restrict street parking.  I've stopped at this gathering before and it's a nice little, low-key affair with some interesting cars and food vendors.  If the weather looks to be nice, get there early for good parking.

Jerseygirl

If the weather is dry, I think we're going to try to make this.  Hopefully I can park down near the Lotus dealer again.  Last time we went, they told us, as we were getting ready to leave, that they had spent much of their evening talking about my car and having to tell people they didn't know if it was for sale because it wasn't one of theirs.  And here when I parked there I was sure the car would be ignored next to all those beautiful old Astons they have there.  LOL.

The ES is freshly Zaino'ed so she should give the Astons a run for their money again. ;)

gmitchels

If I get back from NYC in time, will see you there.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

Cool!  We'll be looking for you.  Park down by the Lotus dealer.  We'll inundate them with Swedes (or at least two Swedes).  ;D

gmitchels

Besides Yoda, there was just one other Swede present............a light drab green '56 92B Saab. (but unable to insert/post an image here).
......George.......

Ian F

Yes... there was a fraction of a chance of rain... so we stayed home.  :-[