News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Annual Volvo Covered Bridge Tour (PA) 5/22/2011

Started by PaulGraz, May 11, 2011, 07:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGraz

You all probably saw my email on this - but I figured I'd start a thread so we could discuss who's coming

QuoteLeisurely 58-mile tour across nine of Lancaster County's historic covered bridges nestled in Amish farmland. Lunch stop at 2 pm; tour ends 4:15 pm in Strasburg, Pa. (home to the Strasburg Railroad, the oldest operating steam railroad, and the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum). Meet 11:30 am Holiday Inn at Pa. Turnpike exit #286 (routes 222 and 272, 60 miles east of Carlisle). John Holtzapple (johnhapple@comcast.net 717-394-1799).

I'm rather determined to go this year.  I've missed recent years due to forecasted rain that never actually showed up.  If it rains I'll go in the C30 this time.

I know a few of you will be out in Carlisle.  Not sure if you want to skip Sunday and hit this on your way back or not.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

gmitchels

I am registered for Carlisle, but now I've learned I'm helping my younger son to move from one apt to another in Manhattan on Saturday! I hope to do the CBT on Sunday, either with the 1800 or the XC70 though. I'll know more by the end of the week.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

George, will we see you out at Carlisle on Friday or are you skipping it altogether this year?  Good luck with the move.

gmitchels

If I'm not 'volunteered' for something else, I'll try to get to Carlisle on Friday, but if so, most likely solo for the day.
......George.......

PaulGraz

CBT was good - rain was in the forecast (big surprise) so I took the C30.  John Holtzapple was there in his 1800S, and a couple from Morristown NJ was there in a very nice 1980 240 with 250,000 miles on it.  That was it for classics - the threat of rain (that never materialized) kept the old cars away I guess.  There was also a couple from NY with a S70 that was 8k shy of 500,000 miles!

George and Tony were there in their respective XC70's.
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."