Carlisle Import, Kit, and Replica show - May 18-20, 2012

Started by Jerseygirl, May 15, 2012, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

Well, Ian and I are heading out to the show on Thursday morning. The weather promises to be dry this year so I'm taking Baldrick instead of the ES. 

George, if you make it out there this year we'll most likely be at the North American Spitfire Squadron tent.

Given the stress and aggravation of the house project, we've decided this year's Carlisle trip will involve lots of sitting around doing nothing and a cooler of adult beverages. ;)

At some point we'll wander over to Volvo land and try to find Tony too.

PaulGraz

Sounds like a good plan.  Closest I'll get will be the CBT on Sunday...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

gmitchels

Busy at Greek church festival Fri/Sat, but hopefully will be free for CBT.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

Well, I hope your church festival went well George.  The weather out at Carlisle was spectacular this year.  The field was packed with cars on Saturday and we managed to get a few things in the vendor area too.  I now have a lockable trunk on the Spitfire!  Hey, it's the little things...

Volvo had a really big turnout, though sadly most of it was just the idiot 20-somethings with their fart-can-sporting later model cars.  That said there were still a few classic gems there.  One guy had a beautiful 140 wagon out there from Ontario and there was a very pretty 122 as well.  There were at least two 1800 coupes and one heavily modified 1800ES.  Not my taste, but he's obviously put a lot of time/money into it.

Andy Reid, one of the editors over at Classic Motorsports magazine stopped by the Spitfire tent for a while Saturday and Sunday.  He's on the hunt for a Spitfire of his own and promises to bring it to the show to park with the club next year.  We'll see.  He's got his sights set on one of two relatively unpopular colors so his hunt might take a while...  He drove his white 1800S to this year's show.  Really nice car.

PaulGraz

George didn't make the CBT either.  Nancy and I were there with the V50 and 1800e (respectively).  I had some timing issues with the E, but I got it sorted out for the ride home.  I guess switching to Pertronix the night before wasn't such a hot idea...

We had 4 1800 coupes on the CBT:  Mine, John's, a very original yellow one from NY and another red one.  Also a gorgeous black 122 and a "well travelled" yellow 145.  There were 3 or 4 "kids" in 240's, but their cars were stock and they were well behaved, so no complaints there.  All in all we had over 20 cars.  Maybe 25?  A good turnout for the 20th running of this drive...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

I saw the yellow 145 as well as the black 122 at Carlisle. 

gmitchels

Yeah, working the festival Friday and Saturday from 11am-till 1am left me in no condition to do the CBT! It was a gorgeous day for that event, too!   :(   I did manage to take Yoda out for a quick trip to the Bagel Barn Sat. morning, and noticed the fuel gauge stayed on "E" the whole time (last time I drove it -week ago) it showed a quarter tank left, so I know there's gas in there somewhere. Haven't had time to investigate since, hope it's just a fuse or loose wire?
......George.......