News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cars and Coffee, Louisville, KY 2nd Sat. of the month

Started by jecoutant, July 11, 2010, 12:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecoutant

Still on the hunt for 1800's in the Mid-West,  I decided to drive down to Louisville (about a 100 miles down I-71) on Sat. the 10th as it was a beautiful day, the crummy weather on Friday moving east to ruin Robin's visit to the carshow in Merchantville.  Got an email from Michael Sorendo (VSA chaper coordinator in the Ohio valley) saying he would be there and possibly others.

Well it was certainly worth the trip.  Cars and Coffee is an informal meeting the second Saturday of every month from 9-11am in a parking lot of a local coffee house chain in a suburb just northeast of Louisville.   I would guess more than a hundred cars showed up.  Mainly European imports but a few American classic and rods.  A lot of Alfas, MGs, Healys, Spitfires, and other classics plus a number of new Porches, Ferraris (an 458 Italia), and even an AMG.  Some serious money hiding in Louisville.  I really had fun talking to people.   My favorite, a 1947 MG TC restored to a high level (with a few additions to improve safety).

Oh yes, a few Volvos.  My car and Mike's '73 ES plus a 544 work in progress.  Did not get the year but guess '58 or '59.  Found in a barn where it sat for 17 years.  They have all the trim, etc.  Only issue was the engine was rusted to the point where it needed penetrating oil and a really big hammer to get the pistons moving.

Now, where are all these people in Cincinnati?[
John

'70 1800E

PaulGraz

Great pics John!

Can't say I'm a fan of the modern mirrors on that ES tho...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Ian F

Nice pics John.  :D

I agree about the mirrors... although I imagine they at least do something...  :?
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

PaulGraz

~Paul

Ian F

Quote from: "PaulGraz"Mercedes gullwing on the far right.  Wow.

I almost wonder if that was the same car that was at Carlisle this year... I doubt there's too many of them around...
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

jecoutant

Paul,

Yes that was a brand new black AMG Gullwing.  Had all the carbon fiber extras, etc so well over 200K.  Was just an article in a recent R&T.  Parked next to it (on right - OK should have stitched another frame in the panarama) was a new, white 458 Italia Ferrari.

Mike took some better pictures of it which you can see at
http://picasaweb.google.com/msorendo53/CarsAndCoffee3?authkey=Gv1sRgCK6h9_vV6amq3wE#
John

'70 1800E

PaulGraz

And, a purple Morgan.  Wow again.  That's got to be the first, and probably only time I'll see that!

Thanks John!
~Paul