News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Spring Tech Day - March 30 (Sunday)

Started by Ian F, March 18, 2008, 08:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

Woohoo!  Next winter we can watch as George tears HIS car(s) apart instead of mine.  ;)

Jerseygirl

Well, I got the two fender cavities Marine Cleaned and Metal Ready'd yesterday.  It was a nice warm day, but the humidity wasn't letting everything dry out so I left it overnight to dry.  Tonight, I'll get a coat of POR-15 on there and we'll be able to seal everything up until the new panels come.

Oh, and Ian got my nice 200K badge mounted on the grill last night.  Very spiffy.  8)

PaulGraz

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"
Oh, and Ian got my nice 200K badge mounted on the grill last night.  Very spiffy.  8)

Are you putting the 100K badge on too?
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

No.  I'll be looking to sell that one.

PaulGraz

I wasn't happy with most of the pix I took Sunday - and one of them actually had Robyn in the frame  :shock: ,
so it will be deleted many times over, as per the GSVSA Tech Day Guidelines, chapter 4, section 3, sub-paragraph 12.

But this one wasn't too bad:
~Paul

PaulGraz

BTW - George mentioned the return of the VSA Grill Badge.  As it turns out Bruce did mention that item in his article - BUT, it's not yet available (nor is pricing)

They're still a few weeks away...
~Paul

Jerseygirl

Nice pic Paul.  The ES almost looks like it doesn't need a couple coats of Zaino.  But then there's ALWAYS a need for a couple more coats of Zaino!

The new fender splash panels arrived today.  They look even nicer than the ones on the website.  Despite the appearance on their site, the panels DO come pre-drilled with the mounting holes, so installation will hopefully be a snap once I get them painted.

We'll give them a quick test fit tomorrow, but so far, the quality seems really high.

Ian F

I did some test fitting of the panels before I reinstalled the old ones for the Ikea meet.  The fit is.. ok... I will need to do some hammering to get the curves to match better.
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....