News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Carlisle Import Show - 2008

Started by Jerseygirl, October 15, 2007, 06:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

OK, OK, it's really, really early, but George reminded me about getting a hotel out in Carlisle EARLY this year so we don't end up in the hotel from hell again.

Sadly, the Hampton Inn is already showing up as being booked for the import weekend.  :(

I did a little looking and found that there is a relatively new Best Western close-by that looks promising.  Rates are comparable to the Hampton Inn.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=39105&disablenav=false

If you're planning to do Carlisle this year, I suggest you make your hotel reservations sooner, rather than later, no matter where you choose to stay!!!

Ian F

Reservations have been made.  8)
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

gmitchels

Ditto for us too. Best Western. May 16-18.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

Cool!!!

And remember, next year's spotlight is on any and all British cars!

gmitchels

Even though the featured cars will be all Brits, I'm not sure which one I'll register, Queenie or Yoda. Gotta keep the co-pilot happy, you know, and Queenie has fewer creature comforts than Yoda, like ANY comfort!  :lol:
......George.......

Ian F

Quote from: "gmitchels"Even though the featured cars will be all Brits, I'm not sure which one I'll register, Queenie or Yoda. Gotta keep the co-pilot happy, you know, and Queenie has fewer creature comforts than Yoda, like ANY comfort!  :lol:

...and few cars are better highway cruisers than an 1800... tough call...  I don't envy Robyn driving halfway across PA in Baldrick...  although it's shorter than his drive home... and he has O/D now...  :?
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

Jerseygirl

Just FYI, registration for Carlisle is now open.  $20 pre-registration and $30 day of show.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CE&Category_Code=CINI

PaulGraz

I've decided to sign up for the MS Bike Tour again this year - which once again conflicts with Carlisle.  Let's hope we both get a dry weekend...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

Well, we are heading out to Carlisle tonight, hopefully before the worst of the rain.  We're planning to make our "home base" in the Spitfire area this year instead of near the Volvo for the simple reason that the Spit guys are offering to do a tech session on Baldrick to tune up his carburetor.  They've also got some other interesting tech sessions planned for the weekend as well. :)

Speaking of tech sessions, Carlisle is has a few interesting ones on their schedule this year as well so we may hit some of those too.  George, there's one on there called "A talking tour of your MGB".  ;)

Hope to see some of you out there this weekend!