News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Flemington Cruise 9/22: Import Night

Started by PaulGraz, August 29, 2007, 04:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGraz

This event is now on the calendar - thanks to George for the PDF of the flyer!
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

I'm definitely in for this one if the Jim Thorpe run doesn't get rained out on 9/15...  :roll:

Jerseygirl

George (and anyone else going), should we plan to meet up and drive up there together like we did last year?  If so, just let us know what time and where.  :D

jecoutant

I am hoping on coming since it is in my back door.  Night out with friends just got scheduled the following week.
John

'70 1800E

Jerseygirl

Not sure Baldrick is going to make this.  He has mysteriously decided not to start.  Wanted to bring him to work the last couple days and out last night and he flat out will not start.  Very aggravating since he started and ran fine all last weekend.  :evil:

gmitchels

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"George (and anyone else going), should we plan to meet up and drive up there together like we did last year?  If so, just let us know what time and where.  :D

How about meeting at my house by 5pm.
......George.......

gmitchels

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"Not sure Baldrick is going to make this.  He has mysteriously decided not to start.  Wanted to bring him to work the last couple days and out last night and he flat out will not start.  Very aggravating since he started and ran fine all last weekend.  :evil:

Maybe needs gas?  :lol:
......George.......

Ian F

Quote from: "gmitchels"Maybe needs gas?  :lol:

Actually, I did check that.. and it seemed low so I put some more in the tank...  no luck...
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

jecoutant

I was a nice evening after the bad start to the morning ( I ended up washing a car in the rain :screwy: )  George showed up in his B (that is me obscuring the view of both cars. )  We had fun walking around and looking at the other cars.  In fact we missed the parade because we were wandering.  Sorry the rest could not make it (mental picture of Ian attacking Baldrick with a spanner) but understandable with everything going on.

John

'70 1800E

Jerseygirl

Yeah, I'm sorry we missed this, but I'm happy to report that Baldrick is back up and running.  Ian got him running again last night and I took him out for a short drive this afternoon.  Seems a little sluggish off the line in first gear, but apart from that, all seems normal again.

He now has a new coil and Ian replaced the little o-ring in the carb that was causing all the oil to leak out.  He's not 100% sure but he's thinking that all that oil leaking out may have fouled the jets and caused our starting problem.  He cleaned them while he had the carb apart for the o-ring.