News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

2007 Carlisle Import Show

Started by Jerseygirl, October 30, 2006, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

I'll get this started early since Volvo is the featured marque for 2007!

The Carlisle Import Show is held on the third weekend in May each year.

I know.  I know.  Robyn's being silly and planning way too far ahead again BUT, the hotels in and around Carlisle fill up quickly on show weekends so I thought if we want to go as a group and stay in the same hotel, we should start getting together a list of people so we can get a block of rooms reserved at one of the hotels near the fairgrounds.  Be warned that most, if not all, of the hotels in Carlisle have a two-night minimum stay on the weekend of the shows so if you're coming out for only one night, you'll be looking for a hotel several miles outside of town.

So, if you think you're up for the full Carlisle weekend experience (Friday through Sunday), post here and let us know.  We'll look into finding a decent hotel, with a reasonable price.  Once we find one, we'll try to reserve a block of rooms that everyone can then claim when they make their reservations.

Jerseygirl

OK, did a little research, and there are already a few hotels that are booked solid.  All of the Carlisle hotels are about 5 miles from the fairgrounds.  Prices are listed below (all prices are for 2 people and non-smoking rooms):

Hampton Inn: Booked
Quality Inn: King - $135
Rodeway: Double - $55,  King - $125
Ramada Limited: Booked
Holiday Inn: Double - $129,  King - $129
Howard Johnson: Booked
Econo Lodge: Queen - $125

There is a Comfort Inn & Suites closer to the fairgrounds but it is in downtown Carlisle and from the picture on their website, it looks like parking would either be on street or in a parking garage.  I'm not keen on either of those for the Volvo.

PaulGraz

Mark me down as "seriously thinking about it"...

Given the state of my ankle, I guess the MS Bike Tour will no longer be a conflict for me that weekend, so maybe this is do-able - especially if the E has fresh paint to show off by then...

Are we going to register as "VSA"?
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

I'll probably register VCOA.  Might as well add one more car to the total for the club that is most likely to pre-register enough cars (25) to get it's own tent on the field...

Ian F

I just reserved a room at the Rodeway Inn for Friday and Saturday nights (5/18-19).

Turned out to be $49.49 before taxes using the online reservation system.  At first, I called to try and reserve a block of rooms, but they quoted me $125/night for a 2-person, non-smoking room w/ a dbl bed.  :?
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

Jerseygirl

Yeah, apparently our idea of reserving a block of rooms is now out the window so you're on your own to get a room out there.  If you want to reserve a room at that Rodeway and not have to deal with the idiots on the phone who want to charge you more, you can book a room online at:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=PA128

Select the "Internet User's Rate" under the "Select Rate Program" pulldown to get the reduced rate that Ian mentioned.  The internet user's rate is the same discount as the AAA discount rate.

gmitchels

Thanks for the heads up, Ian. I just booked the same place (Rodeway Inn) for May 18/19. I'm wondering, though, since Tony indicated that the VCOA East Coast Meet was to be held at Carlisle, if VCOA will have a "Headquarters" hotel with a block of rooms available for registered attendees? I don't see anything posted on the VCOA.org site about it yet.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

It's possible George, but given how crowded the town was last year, I figure it's best to get things taken care of early so we're covered.  If VCOA comes up with a host hotel, you can always change your reservation and stay there instead.  :D

gmitchels

I'm thinking the same thing, Robyn. Doing it now covers all the bases.
......George.......

JoshV70

Be there camping out again this upcoming year.  Should be another fun year.

Jerseygirl

Camping?  You must be a brave soul.

Good news!  Registration for the import show is now officially open!  Woohoo!!!

gmitchels

I just registered today for this show under the VCOA affiliation. I assume they'll park us all together grouped by model.  Already booked the Rodeway Inn last November. It's only 3 months away and I've done nothing to the Volvo!  :shock: Maybe tomorrow will be slightly warmer to do some work.  :roll:
......George.......

Jerseygirl

It would be up to VCOA to organize that because parking at Carlise is pretty much first come, first served.  There was no grouping by model.

gmitchels

Since Volvo is the featured marque this year, it would be dumb to scatter us randomly (each day?).  :evil: It would be nice if Volvo Cars of North America and/or VCOA got their acts together. There is minimal mention of a "VCOA 2007 East Coast Meet" in the current Rolling magazine on page 3. Perhaps further info will be forthcoming soon. :roll:
......George.......

Jerseygirl

Is there a separate registration with VCOA or are you automatically signed up for whatever VCOA has planned once you register with Carlisle?