Jim Thorpe CLASSIC Run - 10.14.06 (rain date: 10.21.06)

Started by Jerseygirl, July 17, 2006, 09:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmitchels

Quote from: "Ian F"Yeah, I've heard about the connectors being available from Napa, although haven't looked into it further.  Mainly because replacing the connectors without replacing the brittle, 30 year old wires is kinda pointless.

But...  building a couple of harnesses might be a good Winter project...  :hm:

Sounds good to me, Ian. :!: I'll certainly be needing a new harness. Put my order in for a set.
......George.......

Jerseygirl

OK, then it's official.  We'll swing by the NAPA store after lunch.  I can get carpet and those interested can look for d-ject connectors so Ian has a project for the winter, now that he'll have most of the Spitfire mechanical work done before Saturday.  Wouldn't want him to be bored this winter.  :wink:

Seems kind of fitting that a classic car run should include a stop at a parts store.  :lol:

gmitchels

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"Seems kind of fitting that a classic car run should include a stop at a parts store.  :lol:

It's the British cars participating in the car run that require the pit stop, not the Swedes.  :lol:
......George.......

Ian F

Quote from: "gmitchels"
Quote from: "Jerseygirl"Seems kind of fitting that a classic car run should include a stop at a parts store.  :lol:

It's the British cars participating in the car run that require the pit stop, not the Swedes.  :lol:

My... aren't we tempting fate today?  :wink:
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

Skuker

Quote from: "Ian F"
But...  building a couple of harnesses might be a good Winter project...  :hm:

my thoughts exactly

PaulGraz

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"... and those interested can look for d-ject connectors so Ian has a project for the winter, now that he'll have most of the Spitfire mechanical work done before Saturday.  Wouldn't want him to be bored this winter.  :wink:

Whew!  I'm so glad Ian wont be bored this winter!  I know I'll sleep better now...   :asleep:
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

PaulGraz

OK, this is probably a longshot, since we're all coming from slightly different directions - but is anyone going to caravan up there Saturday morning?
~Paul

Jerseygirl

Manny is coming to my house by 8am and then we are meeting up with Ed on 31 around 8:20.  

If there's no traffic, we'll be out there by around 10:30.  If there's traffic, at least I've got a half hour cushion.  Plus, Baldrick doesn't cruise the highways very happily so we won't be doing over 65, probably not over 60 if I can avoid it.

gmitchels

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"Manny is coming to my house by 8am and then we are meeting up with Ed on 31 around 8:20.  

If there's no traffic, we'll be out there by around 10:30.  If there's traffic, at least I've got a half hour cushion.  Plus, Baldrick doesn't cruise the highways very happily so we won't be doing over 65, probably not over 60 if I can avoid it.

Where on Rt. 31 are you all hooking up? I'll be driving alone and would rather have company. I can pick up 31 in Flemington ( or further south of there, or Clinton further north)?
......George.......

Jerseygirl

George, we'll be taking 31 all the way up to 78.  Isn't there a gas station just north of the circle on the northbound side?  If so, that might be a good place to meet.  If not, can you suggest a good place?

Oh, and I talked to my mom yesterday.  She said the leaves out in PA are at or near peak color right now, so we should have some really nice scenery tomorrow.  :D

PaulGraz

On our drive to Rochester last weekend I noticed the leaves were getting more colorful as we drove north - and yet here in Howell - pretty much still all green.  But given how cold it was this morning -34 - I'd say we're not far behind...

(BTW, talked to Nicole last night in Rochester - it was snowing there!)

I'll try to meet you guys at that same spot - but if you're ready to go, call my cell.  If I'm too far behind I'll catch up with you eventually...
~Paul

Jerseygirl

I'm sure you will.  We'll be travelling at Spitfire speed, which is to say... SLOW.

All the better for people to admire Baldrick's shiny new exhaust.  8)

PaulGraz

So that would be the opposite of LUDICROUS SPEED...    :lol:
~Paul

Jerseygirl

Skuker

if you dont mind i'd like to do as manny and meet at robyns i have no clue were any of these roads are and Mr GPS (my father) is away for work