Flemington Classic Car Shows - Import Night August 12th

Started by jecoutant, June 18, 2006, 05:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecoutant

Thanks for the pictures George.  Looks like my car had fun.  I know my friend Rob certainly did.  Thanks for making his day!
John

'70 1800E

gmitchels

Paul,

Agreed, the Ghia was nice, but Baldrick is nicer. The car next to John's is a 1949 Triumph 1500. Earl, the owner sitting behind it, happens to be one of my patients. Currently retired, or unemployed is more like it, at Christmas time he temps as the Santa Claus at the Bridgewater Mall. His white beard is real! He hates it when the little kiddies yank on it to check it out.  :lol: The Rolls Royce next to him was the Show winner. :? I think there was just one judge, and he seemed to pick his personal favorite. Not exactly Concours rules, but nonetheless, a fun get-together meet/show.  

......George.......

PaulGraz

I have to admit, Santa's litlte rumble seat setup there is pretty cool...
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

Jerseygirl

Yeah, it's neat, but it's a deathtrap according to Earl.  If you can even get in there, which looks to be difficult, the edge of that secondary windshield is pointing right at your face.  One quick stop and... well, you can imagine.

And George, I think the correct model for the Triumph was a 2000, not a 1500.

gmitchels

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"And George, I think the correct model for the Triumph was a 2000, not a 1500.

:oops: You're right! The extra 500cc's were probably necessary when carrying those "trunk people".  :lol:
......George.......

Ian F

Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....