Flemington Classic Car Shows - Import Night August 12th

Started by jecoutant, June 18, 2006, 05:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecoutant

The Flemington- Raritan Business Association is sponsoring its Classic Car nights again for 2006.  The times are 5:30pm until 8:30pm.  Their aim is to get people downtown of course and it seems to provide a nice evening.  I went a couple times last year and even participated one night although it rained.   :bawl:   The Datsun Z is my neighbors California car (all original, no restoration).

This year to try something new, they have added a feature car night.  On Saturday August 12th is Classic Import night.  Since I attended the first meeting and suggested an import night, I would like to encourage participation by anyone in the group who would like to attend.  I will be there unless something unforseen comes up.

I know this is the same time as the New Hope Auto show but it seems that not many are thinking of entering their cars.

Downtown Flemington has a lot of places to eat and get something to drink from the Union hotel.  Good music and nice cars.  Mostly American classics with very few customs.  

More details can be found at
//www.frbanj.com

Paul or anyone - Do you have some other club contacts(British, etc.) I might contact?    :type:
John

'70 1800E

Jerseygirl

John, I think we just might check this out.  Nothing else in my calendar for that date (yet).  :D

I've got a few clubs you can contact.  I pulled a list together back when we were considering doing a GSVSA "Eurofest" car show.  I've had no contact with any of them clubs apart from Debbie Franks with the Mini Club.

Mini Owners of NJ
Debbie Franks
Miniac1@aol.com

Positive Earth Driver's Club (all British marques)
Scott Erichsen (President)
josco@optonline.net

MG Driver's Club
mgdriversclub@hotmail.com

MG Car Club - Central Jersey Centre
pres@mgccnj.org

BMW Car Club of America - New Jersey Chapter
Bob Isbitski
bisbitsk@benco.com

Alfa Owners of NJ
Enrico Ciabattoni
eurimports@comcast.net

Austin Healey Sports and Touring Club
Tom Mulligan
tpmul@att.net

Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club
events@deloreanmidatlantic.com

Fiat-Lancia United - Northeast Coast CT/RI/MA/Metro NY-NJ
Tim Beeble
TBeeble@aol.com

Central Jersey VW Society (air-cooled VW's)
Chris Albert
athing@verizon.net

gmitchels

I plan on attending. Was there 2 years ago (Labor day weekend '04 actually). Laid back atmosphere, even though it was mostly the usual muscle car crowd. I even won a coffee mug for coming up with the correct answer for the Trivia contest: Who sang the theme from the original American Bandstand TV show?   :shock:  It should be fun with a group of us!
......George.......

jecoutant

Well after all the work, I will not be able to attend.  My brother-in-law passed away during the weekend of the 4th from advanced cardiovascular disease.  Not unexpected but still a bit tough for my wife's sister.   She has decided to have a memorial on 13 August in Phoenix for him.  Nice idea that is becoming more popular with friends and family so spread out.  Gives time for everyone to plan and make arrangements.

Paul - I did send out letters to all the contacts you gave me and got several replies.   I hope there is a good turnout and hope some of you will still come even if I can not make it.
John

'70 1800E

gmitchels

I still plan on attending.
Sorry to hear of your family loss, John. :(
......George.......

Jerseygirl

My condolences to you and your family John.

We're still planning to head up for this event.  George, maybe we can figure out a good place along the way to meet up and drive up together.  :D

Ian F

Quote from: "Jerseygirl"My condolences to you and your family John.

We're still planning to head up for this event.  George, maybe we can figure out a good place along the way to meet up and drive up together.  :D

My condolences as well.

If we take back roads to Flemington (many nice options heading out that way), we can meet George at his house.
Lucas engineers don't die... they cross the Channel to work for Bosch....

gmitchels

I'm not far from the Griggstown Causeway. But we've got a month from today to confirm the details.  8)
......George.......

PaulGraz

John, so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law...

I'm adding this to our calendar - I should be driving by then!
~Paul
GSVSA Chapter Coordinator

"Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic..."

jecoutant

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.  Jim was a great guy but the dice of heredity were stacked against him.  Family history of coronary disease and a first heart attach in his late forties.  He did want any traditional ceremonies but just to be remembered.  We plan to do that and  I, for one, will have several  :brew:  in his memory when we are all together.
John

'70 1800E

NancyGraz

Quote from: "PaulGraz"I should be driving by then!

I hope so - we will be driving back from New Hampshire on the 12th - if you AREN'T driving by then, I will be driving the whole way...

-=/\/=-

jecoutant

I will not be able to make it as I explained but my car will.  I was talking about the show with my good friend and he will show the car that night - he is thrilled.  So if it doesn't rain Rob will be there with Jennifer (yes that is the name of the car.  To long a story for the forum and my wife tells it much better.).   I am away now until the 31st in Indianapolis visiting Marie Elizabeth, my new grand-daughter.
John

'70 1800E

Jerseygirl

That is good news, both the car being at the show AND the new granddaughter!  Have a good trip.

jecoutant

My friend Rob helped me with the rear swaybar today and tomorrow we are going for a long drive (he gets to drive).  He is all set to show the car this coming weekend in Flemington for me while I am in Phoenix.  Hope some of you come and take him under your wing.   :hugs:

My granddaughter Marie is home from the hospital and has a clear bill of health following her surgery.  Now just a normal baby girl.   We had a good trip again.  The 530xi is an easy long distance cruiser along with the Sirius radio to pass the time.
John

'70 1800E

gmitchels

Weather permitting, I'm there Saturday. And Rob can tell me all about the rear bar install, which I've yet to do.
......George.......